The primary function of the Purchasing Department is to meet the product and service needs of the District by:
- Meeting all state laws and district policies in the obtainment of the best product offering the lowest cost or best value to the tax payer and the district.
- Fair competition among bidders.
- Full opportunity for all interested vendors to bid for district business on an equal basis.
- Understanding by all bidders on the district's method of purchasing and basis of award.
- Constantly seeking to identify and implement strategies and techniques that will enhance the level of service and integrity provided by the Plainview Independent School District Purchasing Department.